SERVICE MARGINS AND POWER PLANT SELECTION
This paper presents information on propulsion power plant service allowances for guidance in determining a ship's service sea speed and associated power ratings for steam turbine, diesel and gas turbine propulsion plants. Data of interest to both the naval architect and marine engineer, particularly for the higher-powered and larger ships being constructed today, are presented.
- Presented at the First Ship Technology and Research (STAR) Symposium, Washington, D.C., August 26-29, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Giblon, R P
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Level of service; Marginal costs; Ships; Skin resistance; Speed control; Structural models; Traffic speed
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship models; Speed reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant selection; Service margins
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126943
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM