PRIMARY COOLANT PUMPS A, B AND C FOR NMSR SAVANNAH
The report on three primary coolant pumps (Units "A", "B", and "C") for the N.S. Savannah is submitted to the purchaser for consideration of approval for units B and C, and for approval of certain mechanical and electrical tests of unit A. The chronological history of each unit is briefly outlined, noting difficulties experienced in obtaining consistent test results and the modifications made to pump performance and loop stability. Details are given on the test facility itself, preliminary test curves, discussion of test data, operating range, NPSH tests, locked rotor test, no lead saturation tests, start and stop tests, switch cycles, thrust tests, head capacity tests, 48-hour proof test, test variations, and certification. The bulk of the report is devoted to appendices on certified curves and data and preliminary test curves, the test data sheets for which are bound in three separate volumes.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number A-5-P.
Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing CompanyNuclear Pump Section
Milwaukee, WI United States
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1959-12-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor coolants; Pumps
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026161
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM