BACKGROUND DOCUMENT FOR INTERSTATE MOTOR CARRIER NOISE EMISSION REGULATIONS
This report presents factual information used by EPA which led to the requirements of the motor carrier regulation. Topics discussed are: regulatory strategy, technology for quieting in-use vehicles, costs, measurement methodology, and economic impact. Truck noise sources are analyzed to determine regulatory maximum levels which are consistent with available retrofit technology. Data are presented on relative stringency between the engineering test used by industry and the roadside tests specified by EPA.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Communities; Cost engineering; Costs; Economic impacts; Interstate transportation; Measurement; Motor vehicles; Noise; Noise control; Public health; Public relations; Regulations; Retrofitting; Test procedures; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/550/9-74-017
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1976 12:00AM