NS SAVANNAH, INSTALLATION AND ERECTION OF EQUIPMENT INSIDE THE CONTAINMENT VESSEL
The installation and erection of equipment inside the containment vessel of the N.S. Savannah are detailed and general erection requirements and procedures not covered in other specifications are defined. Erection documents, special erection requirements, and conditions for equipment erection within the containment vessel are described, with further details given on the erection sequence and hydrotest of the primary system. This includes the erection of steam generators, pressurizer, reactor vessel, reactor shield water tank (Phase 1), primary piping, primary pump motor-impeller assemblies; partial installation of reactor plant auxiliary systems and installation of primary system for hydrotest; and erection of reactor shield water tank (Phase 2). The bulk of the report consists of appendices on hydrotesting auxiliary systems.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1137, Rev. 1.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1959-9-23
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026160
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1137, Rev. 1
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM