A SHIPBOARD GANTRY CRANE-DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE
This paper describes details of the technical development of the container crane and discusses some of the more important engineering design features which provide the versatility and high performance, the flexibility and reliability required to be compatible with modern, multi-purpose marine transportation systems.
- Presented at the New York Metropolitan Section of SNAME 17 April 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Kimball, P B
- Wudtke, D J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Cranes; Gantry cranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00126928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM