CODE FOR SHIPBOARD VIBRATION MEASUREMENT
This Code establishes standard procedures for gathering, interpreting and presenting data on hull vibrations and propulsion system longitudinal vibration in commercial ships. The Code is concerned only with the vibration of the ship girder excited by the propulsion system and propeller excited vibration of propulsion shaft systems.
- Prepared by Panels HS-7 (Vibrations) and M-20 (Machinery Vibrations) with the Hull Structure Committee.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Measurement; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull propeller interaction; Hull vibration; Propeller shaft vibration; Propeller vibration; Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #C-1 Tech. Code
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM