VBWR FUEL ELEMENT NO 2, FABRICATION REPORT
Fuel rods were assembled with Kanigan plated ferrules and brazed for three hours at 1850 degrees in hydrogen atmosphere and furnace cooled to 400 F. The completed bundle was straightened, inspected, hand finished to remove surface blemishes, and cleaned by an acetone rinse and wiped and washed in hot water prior to packaging for shipment. Test reports, diagrams and photographs, and related completed forms are provided.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-PE-109.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNuclear Facilities Plant
Lynchburg, VA United States
- Hansson, H E
- Publication Date: 1959-5-28
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Fuel elements; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor construction; Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Construction; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026158
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: PE-109 Fabr Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM