TECHNIQUES FOR ESTIMATING VIBRATORY FORCES GENERATED BY PROPELLERS
This Bulletin is a condensation of available practical information on the various aspects of ship propeller forces and propeller-induced hull forces arising from the spatially non-uniform flows to which almost all ship propellers are subjected. The work embraces brief physical descriptions of the manner in which blade frequency pressures are generated by propellers; the attending induced pressures on nearby structures to produce hull forces; the forces on the propeller itself and the blade- bending moment and a distillation of experimental results from model tests and full-scale measurements which reveal the dominant effects of certain parameters as currently exhibited.
- Prepared for Panel H-8 (Hydroelasticity) of the Hydrodynamics Committee.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Breslin, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Blades (Machinery); Hulls; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Surveys; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Blade frequency vibration; Hull propeller interaction; Propeller shaft vibration; Propeller vibration; Vibration surveys
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126924
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #1-34 Tech. Bull
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM