DIRECT METHODS OF LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE DETERMINATION BY MINI COMPUTER
Extremely sophisticated systems are being developed which combine special computer systems directly with the sextant. However, the present paper relates only to the mini-computers currently on the market and their apparent ultimate utility in the celestial navigation field--the direct display of both latitude and longitude without recourse to graphic methods.
- Paper given at the 31st Annual Meeting of the I.O.N. Washington, D.C. June 26,1975.
Institute of Navigation815 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Wight, C
- Publication Date: 1975-6-26
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic navigation; Navigation computers; Position fixing
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic navigation aids; Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00126921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Navigation
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM