MOBILE MEASUREMENT OF TRUCK TIRE TRACTION
A mobile dynamometer system has been developed for use in measuring the lateral and longitudinal traction properties of truck tires on actural paved surfaces. The apparatus is described, together with certain practices which are employed in its use. Data are presented covering basic characteristics measured with the longitudinal-testing portion of this apparatus. The data describe those sensitivities of truck tire traction which are of first-order relevance to the limit braking behavior of heavy trucks on dry pavements.
- This report was presented at a symposium in Ann Arbor on Commercial Vehicle Braking and Handling.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Ervin, R D
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Dynamometers; Portable equipment; Rolling contact; Tires; Traction; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal; Mobile equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM