DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF PHASES 2 AND 3 TO THE UNITED STATES ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION FOR THE HANDLING EQUIPMENT FUNCTIONAL TEST FOR THE REFUELING SYSTEM OF THE NUCLEAR POWERED MERCHANT SHIP "SAVANNAH"
Incorporated as Phases 2 and 3 respectively of "The Handling Equipment Functional Test" are "The Reactor Internals Handling Test" and "The Fuel Element-Control Rod Handling Test." The purpose of these tests is to demonstrate that the handling equipment specified is adequate to remove and install the internals, fuel elements, and control rods from the reactor vessel.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-D.
Babcock and Wilcox Company1201 Kemper Street
Lynchburg, VA USA
- Leuvek, R
- Publication Date: 1959-4-29
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Refueling; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1974 12:00AM