TRANSVERSE VIBRATIONS OF SHIP'S PROPULSION SYSTEM. PART 1: THEORETICAL ANALYSIS
A calculation method for estimating the resonance frequencies of the propeller shaft system of a ship, based on the finite element method, was developed. The method was applied to the shafting of the third generation containerships owned by a Netherlands shipping union. The results of the calculations and those of the measurements on the nonrotating shaft show an acceptable agreement.
Nederlands Scheeps-Studiecentrum TNOAfdeling Techniek
- Hylarides, S
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Dynamic structural analysis; Excitation; Finite element method; Marine diesel engines; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Resonance; Resonance frequency; S waves; Shafts (Machinery); Vehicle power plants; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine propulsion; Propeller excitation; Propeller shaft vibration; Propulsion system configurations; Resonant frequencies; Resonant vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: REPT-197-M
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM