TRANSVERSE VIBRATIONS OF SHIP'S PROPULSION SYSTEMS. PART 2: EXPERIMENTAL ANALYSIS
A calculation method, developed for estimating the resonance frequencies of the propeller shaft system of a ship, was tested. Impact excitation was measured on the nonrotating shaft with the ship in dry dock and with the ship afloat, and propeller excitation was also measured with the ship in operating conditions.
Nederlands Scheeps-Studiecentrum TNOAfdeling Techniek
- Wevers, L J
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Excitation; Finite element method; Impact tests; Marine diesel engines; Oils; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Resonance; S waves; Thin films; Vehicle power plants; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine propulsion; Propeller excitation; Propeller shaft vibration; Propeller vibration; Propulsion system configurations; Resonant vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091743
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: REPT-203-M
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1975 12:00AM