NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR PROJECT CONTROL ROD DEPENDABILITY STUDY
The design of the Nuclear Merchant Ship (NMSR) Control Rod System is analyzed to determine the degree of dependability of the system to successfully control the reactor. The degree of required control as well as the amount available is studied for various conditions and as a function of core life. The design features and degree of mechanical integrity are then discussed in order to demonstrate that the system will function reliably in accordance with the above requirements.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1154.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Thomas, G R
- Publication Date: 1959-6-22
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents; Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 2 1974 12:00AM