OPERATION AND SELECTION OF MACHINES CLEARING SNOW ON ROADS
MASINE ZA CISCENJE SNEGA NA SAOBRACAJNICAMA, NJIHOVA EKSPOATACIJA I IZBOR
The fact that there are a large number of different snow-clearing machines unambiguously indicates that manufacturers are interested in the most perfect and efficient maintenance of roads in the wintertime. The wide assortment of machines indicates that more attention should be paid to their selection so that one selects the machine which will best meet our specific conditions. The improvement of rotary snow-clearing machines and particularly recent success in designing cutter-type rotary snow-clearing machines, are putting greater emphasis on this type of machine when the selection is being made. The improvement in the quality of the machine, and especially the improved output, is giving the advantage to up-to-date machines in spite of their higher cost, since they ensure rapid and efficient clearing of the roads.
- Draft trans. of Vojno-tehnicki Glasnik (Yugoslavia) n12 p1089-1100 1971.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Bosnjakovic, P
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Economic efficiency; Equipment; Evaluation; Machines; Plows (Agriculture); Quality control; Roads; Snow removal; Snowplows; Translations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Quality; Selecting; Selection
- Geographic Terms: Yugoslavia
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091713
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL-472
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM