The patent application concerns a signal device combining a fluorescent or phosphorescent light tube and a novel base to be thrown or dropped from a vehicle as a warning marker. The light tube may be of the chemically actuated type and the base preferably has four pivotally attached resilient legs serving to ensure that the device will assume an angular position of about 45 degrees when dropped.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of the NavyConstitution Avenue and 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA
- Little, S M
- Publication Date: 1974-4-26
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical reactions; Drop tests; Fluorescence; Highways; Impacts; Lighting equipment; Obstruction markers; Patents; Signal lights; Signals; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Marker lights; Markers; Phosphorescence
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091706
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-454 877 Patent, PAT-APPL-454 878
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM