TO MAKE A LAND USE INVENTORY AND ITS CHANGE WITH TIME AND TO MAP URBAN AND TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPING, AND THE ECOLOGICAL IMPACT WITH THE CONSTRUCTION OF SEVERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECTS IN CENTRAL MEXICO
The author has identified the following significant results. Comparison between ERTS-1 image scale 1:1,000,000 and CETENAL's charts scale 1:50,000 in irrigated land surface determination in one selected spot gave the following results: Surface on CETENAL's charts 129,900 Has. and arbitrarily we gave 100 percent to this value. Surface on image 122,400 Has., 94.5 percent of the first value. It is necessary to use all four bands to have optimum results on the interpretation. The Principal Investigator made use of photointerpretation techniques only, mostly monoscopically.
- Original contains color illustrations. Original contains imagery. Original photography may be purchased from the EROS Data Center, 10th and Dakota Ave., Sioux Falls, S.D. 57198.
Consejo de Recursos Naturales no RenovablesMexico City, Mexico
National Aeronautics and Space AdministrationEarth Resources Survey Program
Washington, DC USA 20546
- AcoustaDelCampo, C
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Geomorphology; Irrigation; Land use; Mapping; Photointerpretation; Surveys; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Mexico
- Old TRIS Terms: Earth resources program; Land use surveys; Multispectral photography
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00091701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 2002 12:00AM