NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR SHIELD DESIGN. SUMMARY REPORT
Most of the Nuclear Merchant Ship Reactor (NMSR) shield design work performed by The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W) is summarized. Primary and secondary shield results are presented, consistent with contractual requirements and designated design criteria. Methods of calculation and basic parameters are shown.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1144-1.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Smith, W R
- Turner, M A
- Publication Date: 1959-8-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactor components; Nuclear reactors; Radiation shielding; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 2 1974 12:00AM