TRANSPORTATION PLANNING FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
A discussion and overview is presented of transportation planning based on the review of several dozen reports on various aspects of campus transportation. The major elements of movement, namely access, circulation and parking, are covered as well as the major factors influencing transportation on campuses. Campus transportation problems are identified, past techniques for dealing with these problems are discussed, and possible new approaches and solutions are proposed and tentatively evaluated. Campus transportation is considered as part of comprehensive campus development planning, and the campus transportation planning process is briefly reviewed.
Institute of Traffic Engineers2029 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Campuses; Evaluation; Parking; Planning; Reviews; Transportation planning; Universities and colleges
- Old TRIS Terms: Circulation; Comprehensive planning
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00126842
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Info. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM