STANDARDS OF RIDER COMFORT: NOISE, VIBRATION AND AGE OF RIDER AS FACTORS
Psychological responses of bus passengers to noise and vibration in terms of ride quality are studied in a field test. An attempt is made to correlate passenger comfort ratings with the age factor.
Norfolk State CollegeNorfolk, VA United States
- Colegate, R L
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Automobiles; Bus transportation; Buses; Comfort; Field studies; Noise; Passengers; Psychological aspects; Sound level; Tolerance (Physiology); Urban transportation; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Age factor; Human tolerances; Noise intensity; Vibrational stress
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00091664
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-136744 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NGR-47-025-001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1981 12:00AM