MATHEMATICAL MODELLING, SIMULATION AND EXPERIMENTAL TESTING OF BIOMECHANICAL SYSTEM CRASH RESPONSE
A review of mathematical models simulating biodynamic response to impact acceleration is given along with the associated experimental validation studies that have been performed. The types of models surveyed include gross motion simulators, head injury models, and spinal and thoracic models. Sufficient details are provided to indicate to potential users their applicability and relative cost.
- Presented at the AIAA Annual Meeting and Technical Display (11th), Washington, D.C., 24-26 Feb 75.
Wayne State UniversityDepartment of Mechanical Engineering Sciences
Detroit, MI United States 48202
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA United States 22217
- King, A I
- Chou, C C
- Publication Date: 1975-2-28
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Anthropometry; Biodynamics; Biophysics; Costs; Crash injury research; Crashes; Force; Head; Impact studies; Impact tests; Injuries; Mathematical models; Reviews; Set forward force; Simulation; Spinal cord; Testing; Thorax
- Old TRIS Terms: Force mechanics; Impact acceleration; Response biology
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-3 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69A-0235-0003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM