PROPULSION POWER PLANTS FOR LARGE ICEBREAKERS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO GAS TURBINE APPLICATIONS
The Canadian Government, Ministry of Transport, initiated a Study of the Application of Gas Turbines to Canadian Coast Guard Vessels in 1972, which was completed in early 1974. This paper discusses the results of the authors' findings and also new data now being used in design studies heavy Icebreakers of Polar Class.
- Prepared for ASME meeting, Mar 2-6, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Rossi, S
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Gas turbines; Icebreakers; Propulsion; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion machinery
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126806
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper N75-GT-120
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM