DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL SOIL STABILIZERS
This report documents the results of a 20-year cooperative effort between the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the chemical industry to develop and evaluate chemicals for soil stabilization. All evaluated substances were either ineffective or only marginally effective as principal or broad-scale soil stabilizers; however, some were suitable for improvement of local soils or for short-term correction of adverse soil conditions. Results are briefly discussed.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kinter, E B
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical compounds; Chemical industry; Chemicals; Development; Evaluation; Measures of effectiveness; Research; Soil cement; Soil stabilization; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00091584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 17 Final Rpt., FCP 24D2-002
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM