STRUCTURAL BEHAVIOR OF A CURVED TWO SPAN REINFORCED CONCRETE BOX GIRDER BRIDGE MODEL. VOLUME I. DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, INSTRUMENTATION AND LOADING
This is the first of a three volume sequence as follows: Vol. 1 - Design, Construction, Instrumentation and Loading; Vol. 2 - Reduction, Analysis and Interpretation of Results; and Vol. 3 - Detailed Tables of Experimental and Analytical Results. In the present volume a detailed study of the instrumentation, construction and testing of a large scale, horizontally curved, two span, four cell, reinforced concrete box girder bridge model is presented. The selection of the model scale, the choice and location of instrumentation, and the system of data acquisition are discussed.
- Prepared in cooperation with California State Business and Transportation Agency, Sacramento. See also Volume 2, PB-242 524. Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-242 522-SET, PC$24.00.
University of California, BerkeleyDivision of Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Washington, DC United States 20590
California Business and Transportation Agency1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Scordelis, A C
- BOUWKAMP, J G
- Larsen, P K
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 137 p.
- TRT Terms: Box girders; Construction; Curved beams; Data collection; Design; Girder bridges; Instrumentation; Loads; Mathematical models; Reinforced concrete; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading; Models; Structural behavior
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00091579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCSESM-74-75
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM