PAVEMENT SURFACE INFORMATION NEEDS IN ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
This paper summarizes some needed information on pavement surface characteristics for in-depth multidisciplinary traffic accident investigation, with emphasis on the variations and confounding effects of factors which are either not sufficiently researched or not properly appreciated and controlled in accident investigation.
- Appeared in: Surface Texture Versus Skidding: Measurements, Frictional Aspects, and Safety Features of Tire-Pavement Interactions, A Symposium.
American Society for Testing and Materials100 Barr Harbor Drive, P.O. Box C700
West Conshohocken, PA United States 19428-2957
- Hutchinson, J W
- Tsongos, N G
- Bennett, R C
- Fogarty, N J
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Photos; References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash causes; Crash investigation; Multidisciplinary teams; Pavements; Skid resistance; Surface course (Pavements); Texture
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00126532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM