THE RELATIONSHIP OF LOCKED WHEEL FRICTION TO THAT OF OTHER TEST MODES
This report describes a test program in which a modified single wheel skid tester was used to obtain data in locked wheel, yaw (cornering), and transietn slip modes for seven pavements. Correlation coefficients between the data for the various modes are reported. High correlation is found between Peak Brake Slip Number and Skid Number, Peak Side Force Coefficient and Skid Number, and Peak Side Force Coefficient and Peak Brake Slip No. The speed gradients of the same data are shown to be uncorrelated.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA USA 16802
- Henry, J J
- Meyer, W E
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Friction; Skid resistance tests; Skidding; Yaw
- Uncontrolled Terms: Skid number
- Old TRIS Terms: Locked-wheel
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00126525
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTI 7503 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 50339
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM