REVISION TO ALTERNATIVE ENVIRONMENTS FOR CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION 1980-2000
This report represents the initial futures research work undertaken by TDA. It has attempted to establish a suitable approach for studying long-range planning and used this to explore the key aspects of some future environments in which Canadian transportation may operate. Two principles have been established: No single aspect of the future can be studied in isolation; and the future must be studied as a range of likely alternatives. The sections of the study: Introduction; Contemporary Expectations About the Future; Scenarios of the Early 1990's; Building Blocks for Scenario Construction; Final Comments; Appendices.
- Exploratory Forecasting Report No. 1.
Ministry of Transport, CanadaTransportation Development Agency, 2085 Union, 8th Floor
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Containers; Demographics; Economic analysis; Economics; Forecasting; Foreign; Freight transportation; Future; High speed ground transportation; Intercity transportation; Intercity travel; Motor carriers; Passenger transportation; Pipelines; Research; STOL aircraft; Technology; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Future research
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National transportation policies; Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Economics; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00126516
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1977 12:00AM