DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS FOR COMPUTER SIMULATION OF BEAM-COLUMNS AND GRID-BEAM AND SLAB SYSTEMS
The research completed under this project was directed toward the development of basic analytical methods using computer simulation for highway bridges, pavements, and similar structures. This report presents a summary of the major computer developments and made during the course of the project. Each development is described briefly and those that are of continuing importance are explained in more detail. The three major areas of development that are included are for line members, two-dimensional plane frames, and plates and grids. These areas encompass most of the structural problems encountered by design engineers.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Panak, J J
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridges; Columns; Dynamic structural analysis; Grates; Highway bridges; Methodology; Pavements; Plates (Engineering); Simulation; Slabs; Structural engineering; Structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Plates
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Support); Gridworks (Structures)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00091560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CFHR-3-5-63-56-29F Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM