REGULATIONS AND TRANSPORTATION. REPORT OF THE WORKSHOP ON NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS (3RD) ON 11-12 FEBRUARY 1975
The workshop is one of a continuing series to develop information useful to the Department of Transportation policymakers through interaction of principal investigators in universities under contract to the Department and the members of the Department responsible for programs affected by government regulations. Four sessions were held chaired by DOT Officials and addressed by policy (Secretarial level) officials: Ratesetting processes affecting costs and price; Regulations set by DOT: Safety and security; Regulation research and evaluation; Regulation and data requirements. The proceedings of the workshops on these subjects constitute the first part of the report. Part II are the formal presentation made by various policy officials as resource papers for the workshops. The agenda of the workshop and the attendance list constitute the appendix of the report.
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-2-12
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Aviation safety; Costs; Decision making; Energy conservation; Meetings; Prices; Rates; Regulation; Regulations; Research; Safety; Security; Specifications; Traffic safety; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Requirement; Transportation management; Transportation problems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00091554
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75/79
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM