OCEANIC AIR ROUTE NAVIGATION WITH CYCLE MATCH LORAN-C
A Loran-C cycle matching receiver (Decca Model ADL-81) was evaluated in line service to determine its qualification as a potential replacement for Loran-A. The receiver and associated components were installed on an Eastern Air Lines L1011 aircraft and data were collected by a qualified navigator on the routes between the U.S. Mainland and Puerto Rico. Results of the program indicate that cycle matchine Loran-C is a satisfactory substitute for Loran-A where usable signals are available. The equipment under evaluation provided excellent accuracy and required less flight crew attention than is normally demanded by the present Loran-A systems.
Eastern Airlines IncorporatedMiami International Airport
Miami, FL United States 33148
Washington, DC United States
- Gillis, W S
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic; Flight tests; Loran; Oceans; Radio receivers; Reliability
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00091526
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA74WA-3534
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM