A COMPUTER ARCHIVE OF ASAP ROADSIDE BREATHTESTING SURVEYS, 1970-1974
As part of their evaluation procedures 28 of the 35 federally sponsored Alcohol Safety Action Projects (ASAPs) conducted roadside breathtesting surveys of nighttime drivers between 1970 and 1974. These surveys were brought together into an archive and were reformatted into a single computer file containing 122 variables. This file contains breathtesting results, demographic data, information on alcohol consumption and knowledge about drinking and driving for 75,183 randomly selected drivers, plus 2,701 passengers.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lehman, R J
- Wolfe, A C
- KAY, R D
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol breath tests; Alcohols; Computers; Consumption; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Roads; Statistics; Surveys; Tests; Traffic safety; Travel patterns
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00091501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-AL-75-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-3-722
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1977 12:00AM