COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR ADJACENT LOADING OF BULK LIQUID CARGOES
The objective of this study has been to develop recommendations for the U. S. Coast Guard on the hazards of reactions between binary chemical components as a guide for adjacent loading of bulk cargoes. The present report represents an organized approach to the compilation of factual data on the safety or hazard of specified bulk chemicals when accidently mixed in transport, handling, or storage. The study was restricted to those materials regulated by the Coast Guard and shipped in bulk lots. The committee refrained from making any specific regulatory recommendations to the Coast Guard. The hazard ratings included here are based largely upon direct experimental results performed under contract to the National academy of Sciences. Additional experimental work carried out by the U. S. Coast Guard has now been completed and the results are included in the hazard ratings presented here.
- A report to the Department of Transportation United States, Coast Guard.
National Academy of SciencesCommittee on Hazardous Materials
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Chemicals; Chemicals; Classification; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cargo; Hazardous chemicals classification; Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00126389
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Academy of Sciences
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG041680-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM