ON TRANVERSE BENDING OF PLATES, INCLUDING THE EFFECT OF TRANSVERSE SHEAR DEFORMATION
In this paper, the problem of transverse bending of homogeneous transversely isotropic plates, including the effect of transverse shear deformation is discussed. An approach to the problem which reproduces earlier equations of two-dimensional plate theory is described while at the same time new supplementary information concerning certain practically important three-dimensional aspects of the problems is presented. The significance of this supplementary information will be shown for the example of the problem of pure bending of an infinite plate with a circular hole.
- Also published in International Journal of Solids Structure, VII n5-D p569-573 1974.
University of California, San DiegoDepartment of Applied Mechanics and Engineering Sciences
La Jolla, CA USA 92093-0085
- Reissner, E
- Publication Date: 1974-7-8
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Deflection; Deformation; Plates (Engineering); Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate deflections; Plate deformation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00126376
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69-A0200-6027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM