FATIGUE STRENGTH OF WELDED TUBULAR JOINTS IN OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
This paper describes experiments and analyses for a study on fatigue strength of tubular joints generally used for column stabilized drilling units or drilling platforms on the sea. It presents a fundamental guidance and data to designers engaged in this field by discussing the fatigue strength of such joints under complicated stresses and the most effective type of joint.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited5-1 Marunouchi, 2-chome, Chiyoda-Ku
Tokyo 100, Japan
- TERAMOTO, S
- Kaminokado, S
- KAWASAKI, T
- Matoba, M
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue strength; Joints (Engineering); Offshore structures; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life; Welded joints
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00126375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTB-100 Tech Bull.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM