A MODIFIED LAW OF THE WAKE FOR TURBULENT SHEAR FLOWS
The analytical description of similarity-law velocity profiles for turbulent shear flow has been improved by a proposed polynomial which modifies the Coles law of the wake to satisfy the outer slope conditions.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Granville, P S
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer; Shear stress; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer; Velocity; Wakes; Walls
- Old TRIS Terms: Velocity profiles; Wake analysis; Wall shear stress
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126368
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-4639
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM