FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS ON COMPONENTS OF SHIP RESISTANCE
The accomplishments during the eleventh year of research on components of ship resistance, supplementing that reported in IIHR Report No. 162 on the first 10 years, are summarized. These include the derivation of a more exact formula for calculating the viscous drag of a ship model from wake-survey measurements, a refinement of a procedure for determining wave resistance from surface-profile measurements, studies of the effect of the wake on wave-resistance measurements, and some contributions to the problem of correcting resistance measurements for the influence of tank boundaries.
- See also report dated May 74, AD-784 207.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityIowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, 300 South Riverside Drive
Iowa City, IA United States 52242-1585
- Landweber, L
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Hulls; Resistance tests; Wakes; Wave resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Wake measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126366
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IIHR-173 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-68-A019600010
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM