STRUCTURAL DESIGN CONCEPT OF TAP-1 HYDROFOIL
A structural design concept of the TAP-1 foil and strut configuration was evolved and simplified stress analyses were performed in selected critical stress locations. Although conclusive determination of feasibility and establishment of ultimate criteria for optimum structural design and weight definition must await more sophisticated structural analyses, this preliminary study indicates that it will be feasible to ultimately produce a structurally adequate design capable of withstanding anticipated maximum load conditions. /Author/
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterCentral Instrumentation Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20034
- Clark, A P
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrofoil boats; Hydrofoils; Loads; Struts; Supercavitating hydrofoils
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Hydrofoil loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126365
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CID-29-48 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM