FAST SETTING CONCRETE
Steelcote Fast-Crete is a mixture of fine calcined magnesia and aggregate combined with amonia phosphorous liquid to produce high early strength concrete. According to the company, the concrete sets in five to ten minutes and hardens in two hours; the product's immediate application is highway and bridge deck repairs where vehicle traffic can be restored within hours. The new product bonds to structural steel, old concrete, wood, glass, and paper. Field tests have demonstrated that the product's ability to bond old concrete makes it possible to further speed repairs by eliminating a time-consuming sawing step now required to create an interlocking edge around the pot holes to secure the patch. The application procedure and other technical data are provided. /HRIS/
- Appeared in "Special Reports on: Use of Equipment and Methods of Maintenance". Research completed by Manning, Selvage & Lee, Inc. for Republic Steel Corporation.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Ammonium compounds; Bonding; Bridge decks; Concrete; Concrete pavements; Glass; Magnesium; Patching; Pavement maintenance; Potholes (Pavements); Saws; Setting (Concrete); Structural steel; Wood
- Uncontrolled Terms: Setting time
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete saws
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00126299
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM