STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR STRUCTURAL SUPPORTS FOR HIGHWAY SIGNS, LUMINAIRES AND TRAFFIC SIGNALS
The specifications which are intended to serve as a guide for the preparation of state specifications and as a reference for designers, fabricators and erectors, is presented in 10 sections and includes criteria concerning prestressed concrete poles and steel breakway posts. The section on general features of design is broad in nature and provides a brief look at the different aspects which should be considered in the preliminary stages. Section 2 covers load (dead, live, ice, wind, and application of wind load). The section (3) on methods of analysis separates analytical methods from allowable stresses. Steel, aluminum and prestressed concrete design features are reviewed (sections 4, 5, 6), and the usage and design of breakaway supports are described (section 7). Design criteria and soil exploration and borings for foundations are also covered. Specifications relating to details of design are presented. Comment is made on the usage of timber.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Analysis; Boring; Breakaway supports; Design; Foundations; Geological surveying; Loads; Luminaires; Prestressed concrete; Sign supports; Signs; Soils; Specifications; Standards; Steel; Stresses; Structural supports; Timber; Traffic signals; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Allowable pressures; Sign structures; Soil exploration; Supports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00126279
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM