GUIDELINES FOR THE HYDRAULIC DESIGN OF CULVERTS
These guidelines which make reference to appropriate publications, covers all aspects of the location, design, construction and use of culverts. The section on surveys includes, among others, topographic features, drainage area, channel characteristics, high water information, and existing structures. Plan and profile of culvert location, as well as shape/cross section, materials and end treatments of culvert type. Hydraulic design is covered in detail, and special hydraulic considerations are reviewed. Multiple use culverts such as utilities, stock and wildlife passage, land access, and fish passage are described. Culverts for irrigation water; and culvert construction in irrigation canals are briefly considered. Debris control, service life, and safety are other aspects covered. The compilation of data and the detention of records are described and hydraulic related construction considerations are reviewed. Hydraulic related maintenance considerations are also discussed.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Cross sections; Culverts; Design; Fishes; Guidelines; Hydraulics; Irrigation; Location; Maintenance; Recording; Safety; Service life; Surface drainage; Surveys; Topography; Underpasses; Wildlife
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Debris barriers; Highway drainage
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00126278
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM