INTERIM SPECIFICATIONS BRIDGES 1975
Twelve interims are reviewed. In Interim 1, a substitution is proposed for the article on Railings. Article (1.2.20) on earthquake stresses - Section 2, Interim 2 is revised. The California Department of Transportation's earthquake design criteria for bridges (1973) are presented together with a commentary on same. In Interim 3, substitutions are presented for articles on loading combinations (1.2.22), and strength requirements (1.5.3B). Analysis methods (1.5.23) in section 5 Interim 4 is revised; and article (1.6.7) - loss of presstress of Interim 5 is substituted. Examples of applications are detailed. A substitution is given for article 1.6.12 (B) on "continuity" in Interim 6. The article on post-tensioning anchroages and couplers and the article on bolted parts in Interim 7 are also revised. The article on fasteners (rivets and bolts) in Interim 8 is revised. In Interim 9, a figure is added to the article on the design of bottom flange plates. In Interim 10, the title of article 2.10.10 is changed to "Preparation of Field Connections"; and modifications are proposed to the article on shop assembly and oxygen cutting. Revisions are made to the articles on preparation of base metal, and nondestructive testing in Interim 11. Interim 12 notes errata to AASHTO Interim Specifications Bridges, 1974.
Washington, DC USA 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Anchorages; Base metal; Bridge design; Bridges; Deflection; Design; Earthquakes; Fasteners; Flanges; Loads; Nondestructive tests; Posttensioning; Prestressing; Rail (Railroads); Specifications; Strength of materials; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Loading; Prestress loss
- Old TRIS Terms: Oxygen cutting; Strength requirements
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00126277
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Standard
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM