PROCEEDINGS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH, 1ST, BRUGES, BELGIUM, JUNE 1973
The objectives of this conference on transportation research reflected the basic philosphy of the Transportation Research Forum in that the progam followed was multi-modal, covering all modes and both passengers, and freight; multi-sectoral, presenting the viewpoints of all sectors (government, private industry, and the public including both policy and research issues); and multidisciplinary, in including the perspectives of various disciplines (engineering, economics, management, social science, administration, etc.). Consistent with these objectives, papers were presented which were (1) of a policy nature, oriented to current problems and issues, to illuminate questions of concern from various public and private perspectives, (2) of a research nature, oriented to impartant current developments in both transportation "hardware" (technology) and "software" (research and analysis methods), and (3) of such a nature as to build the bridge between research and policy.
- Conforence held in Bruges, Belgium, June, 1973.
Transportation Research Forum181 East Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 926 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Conferences; Freight transportation; Governments; Industries; Methodology; Multidisciplinary teams; Multimodal transportation; Public transit; Research; Strategic planning; Technology; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Public; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00126275
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM