THE METEOROLOGICAL ASPECTS OF ICE ACCRETION ON SHIPS
This report is primarily a review of literature on the subject of ice accretion on ships. It discusses the main types of icing experienced at sea, their causes and relative importance together with the effects of icing on ships and in relation to individual meterological elements. Methods of reporting and forecasting the phenomenon are also discussed.
- Marine Science Affairs Report NO. 10.
World Meteorological Organization41 Avenue Giuseppe-Motta
1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
- Shellard, H C
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice formations; Icing; Ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Icing processes; Ship icing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: World Meteorological Organization
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM