TANKER BALLASTING-HOW LIGHT CAN YOU GO
The report describes tanker ballasting practices and the possibilities for lower ballast operation. Current incentives investigated include the IMCO segregated ballast level construction requirement, the present high cost of fuel and better maneuverability. The constraints limiting light operation are also discussed.
- Also published in Paper presented to the Chesapeake Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, Washington, D.C., 20 May 75.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Landsburg, A C
- Cruikshank, J M
- Publication Date: 1975-5-20
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Maneuverability; Seakeeping; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Segregated ballast tankers; Tanker ballasting
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-700-75061
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM