DIESEL ELECTRIC A.C. PROPELLER DRIVES
Alternating current supply has proved to be suitable for use on board ships. The advantages of an a-c board line supply, an a-c propulsion system and a-c drives for the ship's auxiliaries are discussed. Examples are given of a-c installations on board various types of ships.
Smit Nijmegen Electrotechnische Fabrieken N.V.Groenestraat 336
- Van Laer, TJH
- Publication Date: 1970-12
- Pagination: p. 76-81
- Volume: 6
- Issue Number: E2
- Publisher: Smit Nijmegen Electrotechnische Fabrieken N.V.
- TRT Terms: Electric drives; Electric power; Electric power generation; Electric power supply; Electrical systems; Propulsion
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00025602
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1972 12:00AM