LEGAL MEASURES CONCERNING MARINE POLLUTION
The purpose of this UNC Sea Grant paper is to chronicle new concepts and developments in marine pollution control and progress in marine resources law. Topics discussed include the following: Pollution of the high seas-the oceans as international rivers; Artificial islands-possibilities and legal problems; Marine pollution control and man-made islands; Fourth Amendment problems in the enforcement of marine conservation laws; Intentional ocean dumping of industrial chemical waste; The quest for oil-a decisive force in the Law Of The Arctic Sea pertaining to pollution.
University of North Carolina School of LawChapel Hill, NC United States 27514
- Wurfel, S W
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Maritime law; Offshore terminals; Water quality management
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UNC-SG-75-04, NOAA-75050801
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-04-3-158-40
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM