GREAT LAKES BASIN FRAMEWORK STUDY: APPENDIX C9 COMMERCIAL NAVIGATION
The specific objective of this appendix is to determine the extent, nature and timing of a development program necessary to meet the requirements of future commercial navigation. For clarity and ease of presentation, recreational navigation is treated separately in Appendix R9, Recreational Boating. This appendix presents information on the historical development, current status, and projected needs of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway commercial navigation system. Estimates of Federal, State, and local program requirements are given for the planning periods 1980, 2000, and 2020. The scope of this appendix includes the entire commercial navigation system from Lake Superior through the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Atlantic Ocean. While concentrating on the U.S. portion of the Basin, it includes all waterborne commerce with origins or destinations in the Great Lakes Basin (Figure C9-1). Planning subareas are delineated by county boundaries that approximate groups of drainage basins (river basin groups) draining into the Great Lakes.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Army, Corps of Engineers.
Great Lakes Basin Commission,
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Inland waterways; Markets; Operations; Ports; Trade
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence Seaway
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Gt. lakes)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00126019
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Great Lakes Basin Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM