AN EVALUATION OF THE EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN AS APPLIED TO CONRAIL
This study analyzes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) for Conrail as outlined in the Rail Reorganization Act. It considers corporate financing, employee motivation, employee stock ownership, and total compensation. In all four areas no advantages were seen for an ESOP, and alternatives were considered. The Appendix includes the Towers, Perrin, Forster & Crosby report on Employee Stock Ownership Trust, the E.F. Hutton report on corporate finance, and the executive summary of the Gellerman report on employee motivation.
- Sponsored by USRA.
Towers Perrim, Forster and Crosby1750 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20595
- Publication Date: 1975-5-12
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Capital investments; Employee compensation; Employee ownership; Financing; Incentives; Labor relations; Morale
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00125888
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-064
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50108
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM