ANALYSIS OF PROBABLE MOTIVATIONAL EFFECTS OF EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLANS ON RAILWAYS IN REORGANIZATION
This analysis deals only with the motivational aspects of an employee stock ownership plan for Conrail. The advantages of ESOPs are considered, and similar related plans are discussed. Labor relations of the affected railways are studied. Monetary motivation of railway employees is researched. It is concluded that ESOPs would probably be ineffective, and it is recommended that they not be used.
- Sponsored by USRA.
Gellerman (S) Consulting IncorporatedP.O. Box 205
HoHoKus, NJ United States
- Publication Date: 1975-4-25
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Employee compensation; Employee ownership; Financing; Incentives; Labor relations; Morale
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00125887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA/R-063
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50098
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM