INSTRUMENTATION FOR MEASUREMENT OF FORCES ON WHEELS OF RAIL VEHICLES
The information in this report covers the procurement, development and testing of instrumentation designed to measure the dynamic forces and temperatures which are created in the wheels of a load rail vehicle truck. The information contained herein is intended for use by scientific, research and engineering personnel who are involved in the measurement of dynamic loads of rail vehicle wheels.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by DOT Federal Railroad Administration.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Instrumentation; Rail (Railroads); Stresses; Structural analysis; Temperature; Tests; Thermal stresses; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Wheel stresses; Wheel thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00125885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D 75-11 Proj Engr.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20010
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM